MISSION AND GOALS
TBM COUNCIL MISSION & GOALS
The TBM Council is a nonprofit organization made up of forward-thinking CIOs and senior IT executives that operates with a central mission:
Technology Business Management (TBM) is the discipline, the framework, and the driver behind our mission.Find out how to join the TBM Council
SERVICES THAT POWER OUR MISSION
The TBM Council empowers it's members by providing three primary services:
through annual global conference, regional executive summits, industry workgroup meetings, teleconferences, and more.
and promotion of TBM practices and principles through the TBM framework, the TBM taxonomy, business-value KPIs, and TBM playbooks.
of our members that helps advance their careers by developing research, class curriculum, an authoritative TBM book, and certification.
The TBM Council sets aggressive goals each year to expand, serve, and empower its membership.
- Enable targeted networking across all membership levels & channels (physical/virtual)
- Conduct the TBM Conference 2016 (U.S.) & the regional Summits in Europe & Australia
- Grow local interest groups & expand virtual telepresence specialty topics
- Establish new demand-side committee to mature & ratify all standards
- Release next version of the TBM Taxonomy with new services taxonomy & offerings
- Deliver the final Federal IT COST Commission report to the United States Government
- Publish the TBM Book & promote membership adoption & feedback
- Create executive certification curriculum plus a licensing model for 3rd-party delivery
- Execute annual TBM awards and publish 10 new video and written case studies
- Ensure valued engagement while growing membership from 1,500 to 3,200 members
- Increase focus on diversity & expand recruiting to mid-market IT/business leaders
- Expand industry ecosystem to accelerate adoption of standards & education