TECHNICAL ADVISOR TO THE TBM COUNCIL
Apptio's role as Technical Advisor to the TBM Council carries with it responsibilities and commitments that serve the mission of the Council and support its members.
Apptio's responsibilities and commitments include:
- Providing expertise on TBM topics that leverage its experience with over 230 TBM software implementations.
- Underwriting a Iarge portion of the TBM Council expenses for workgroups and events.
- Promoting TBM Council events to customers, partners, investors, and others.
- Assisting with research that defines business value metrics and KPIs.
- Introducing consultancies, technology vendors, and potential partners to the TBM Council community.
- The TBM Council websites, community site, and online properties.
- Hosting teleconferences and meetings on important TBM topics.
- Acquiring, analyzing, and leveraging benchmarking data.
In return for the large contribution of funds, time, expertise, and intellectual property to the TBM Council, Apptio reserves the right to serve as the TBM Council's exclusive technology advisor.
History of the TBM Council
The TBM Council was born out of Apptio's biannual TBM Summits where many CIOs, including members of the founding Board of Directors, expressed the need for an independently governed peer community of TBM practitioners.
Founded in 2012 as a nonprofit organization governed by an independent board of business technology leaders, the TBM Council is focused on developing a definitive framework for managing the business of IT by establishing standards and providing ongoing collaboration and education opportunities.